- About us
- Database Consultancy
- Database Administration
- Jobs & projects
+31(0) 35 369 0307Technical support+31(0) 35 369 0304Follow us:
Webinar Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8
Webinar Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8 on June 4th at 1300
Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8 webinar
In addition to the release, we are going to run a webinar to introduce this new release to you. Join us for Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8 Release Webinar happening Thursday June 4 at 1300 (Amsterdam Time)
Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8 is Generally Available!
Codership is proud to announce the first Generally Available (GA) release of Galera Cluster 4 for MySQL 8 and improve MySQL High Availability a great deal. The current release comes with MySQL 8.0.19 and includes the Galera Replication Library 4.5 with wsrep API version 26. You can download it now (and note that we have packages for various Linux distributions).
Galera 4 and MySQL 8.0.19 have many new features, but here are some of the highlights:
- Streaming replication to support large transactions by splitting transaction replication then applying them in smaller fragments. You can use this feature to load data faster, as data is written to all nodes simultaneously (or not at all in case of a failure in any single node).
- Improved foreign key support, as write set certification rules are optimised and there will be a reduction in the number of foreign key related false conflicts in certifications.
- Group commit is supported and integrated with the native MySQL 8 binary log group commit code. Within the codebase, the commit time concurrency controls were reworked such that the commit monitor is released as soon as the commit has been queued for a group commit. This allows transactions to be committed in groups, while still respecting the sequential commit order.
- There are new system tables for Galera Cluster that are added to the mysql database: wsrep_cluster, wsrep_cluster_members and wsrep_streaming_log. You can now view cluster membership via system tables.
- New synchronization functions have been introduced to help applications implement read-your-writes and monotonic-reads consistency guarantees. These functions are: WSREP_LAST_SEEN_GTID(), WSREP_LAST_WRITTEN_GTID() and WSREP_SYNC_WAIT_UPTO_GTID().
- The resiliency of Galera Cluster against poor network conditions has been improved. Handling of irrecoverable errors due to poor network conditions has also been improved, so that a node will always attempt to leave the cluster gracefully if it is not possible to recover from errors without sacrificing data consistency. This will help your geo-distributed multi-master MySQL clusters tremendously.
- This release also deprecates the system variables: wsrep_preordered and wsrep_mysql_replication_bundle.
Support or advice
Feel free to contact us, we are happy to help you!
OptimaData is consultancy, support and reseller partner of Codership, the builder and developer of Galera Cluster. Codership uses different Galera distributions for clustering MySQL, MariaDB but also Percona XtraDB. And of course in different versions of MySQL and MariaDB.
Fill in your telephone number and we wil call you back as soon as possible. Or you can contact us yourself.